How Do I connect?
- Using your mobile device, search for available networks.
- Two networks should be available: Mounties Mobile and Mounties Mobile Guest.
- If you are a current student, select the Mounties Mobile network and supply your Campus Services ID and password to log in when prompted. If you are unsure what your Campus Services ID is, please browse to the following path for your account information: https://info.mansfield.edu/myaccount
- Once connected to Mounties Mobile, open a webpage and browse to www.mansfield.edu or www.cnn.com.
- Your browser will be redirected to the "SafeConnect" page where you will log in using your Campus Services ID and password.
If prompted, you will need to download and install the "policy key" according to the type of device you are connecting with. Windows OS and MAC OS need the policy key where mobile phones and some tablets do not require the policy key.
- Once you are logged in through SafeConnect, you will be able to use the internet services.
If you are just visiting and you do not have a Campus Services ID, you can connect to the Mounties Mobile Guest network. You will not be prompted for a username or password when connecting to the Mounties Mobile Guest but will have slightly limited bandwidth unlike the Mounties Mobile network.
What kinds of devices can connect?
Any device with wireless capability should be able to connect. We've tested Apple mobile devices (iPod Touch, iPhones, etc), Androids, and many others. Of course, Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems are capable as well.
Is this secure?
Mounties Mobile is secured by firewall and encryption, allowing the most popular internet services. You are still susceptible to spyware/adware/viruses... so that's why we require the installation of the policy key; so we can ensure that your anti-virus is installed, running, and up to date. This helps us maintain a safe, speedy wireless network for your use.
I need an account or I don’t know my account information.
All students, staff, and faculty have accounts already, please use your Campus Services ID
Guests accessing the Mounties Mobile Guest network do not need an account.
If you require further assistance, please call the Helpdesk at 570-662-4357.